Being SEALFIT is more than just a sculpted physique; it is a way of life, state of mind and a way of orienting oneself in the world. To be SEALFIT is to embody the character traits of discipline, drive, determination, service, self mastery, honor, integrity, courage and authentic leadership.
SEALFIT was developed by retired Navy SEAL Commander Mark Divine for the unique and specialized needs of professionals seeking to reach their fullest potential, for first responders, industrial athletes and militaryforces and life-long warrior-athletes to perform their jobs and come home safely. We all share a need for our minds and bodies to work at peak performance over long periods of time, while maintaining an unconquerable spirit and unwavering mental toughness. At SEALFIT we share this passion and aspire to train you if you seek this way of life.
The SEALFIT athlete demonstrates the following traits, distinct from the sport athlete:
- Must work at near peak output for very long periods of time, with unknown periods of rest.
- Must be prepared for the known AND equally prepared for the unknown.
- Does not always have access to a gym and the “proper” training tools
- Is not competing to win, but to survive and accomplish a mission that can have life, death or strategic consequences well beyond their own pay-grade.
- Must be strong, but not so concerned with maximal strength. Needs Strength Stamina to move heavy stuff far and long.
- Must have exceptional endurance and be able to go long, under load
- Must have an intense capacity for work in short, medium and long time domains
- Must be durable, have powerful core strength, not be prone to injury, and knowledgeable about how to sustain the body at a high level of readiness over the long haul.
- Must be mentally tough and trains to be so
- Usually works as part of a unit or team, and works out with that team http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=1134683&b=95812&m=14210&afftrack=&urllink=www%2Enavyseals%2Ecom